Non-GMO Corn Parental Lines
EnviroLogix has easy to use diagnostic tools that identify GMO contamination in parental line seed stocks and in individual plants that are used in conjunction to eliminate GMO contamination in parental line seed stocks. By using EnviroLogix diagnostic tools, GMO contamination is detected and eliminated early in the seed production process thereby increasing the likelihood of producing Non GMO Project compliant commercial seed and grain. Since the EnviroLogix QuickScan platform is commonly used to screen grain in Non GMO food chains, you can trust EnviroLogix tools to identify GMO contamination early in the seed production process and help growers ensure Non GMO Project compliance.
How to use EnviroLogix Kits to Improve Non GMO Corn Parental Line Seed Purity:
- Collect a representative seed sample for each corn parental line seed stock.
- Screen each parental line seed stock with QuickComb for corn and take note of the contaminating traits specific to each parental line. The visual QuickComb or quantitative QuickComb for Quickscan may be used.
- For each parental line, acquire EnviroLogix QuickStix for corn leaf testing that are specific for the contaminating traits that were identified using the QuickComb. See figure below for a table listing the QuickStix and the specific GMO trait detected.
- Plant each parental line in an isolated field or greenhouse. Test each plant using the specific QuickStix that were identified for each specific parental line and rogue (remove and destroy) positive plants.
- Allow the parental line to self and/or sib and collect seed. Perform typical processing activities (husking, drying, etc.) needed to preserve corn seed for future planting.
- Screen the processed seed for GMO contamination using a QuickComb. If pure, proceed to seed multiplication and/or hybrid seed production as needed.