- Accuracy & Precision
The data organized by the QuickScan System helps answer business questions such as:
- What is the quality of the grain I am delivering or receiving?
- What suppliers consistently deliver quality grain? Are any suppliers trending toward lower quality? What suppliers should have their contracts renewed?
- The non-GMO Identity Preserved grain being processed had a contamination issue, what did the GMO testing results for the inbound grain look like? What level of contamination is acceptable to produce a premium product? Was the processing equipment sufficiently flushed given the input grain quality?
Each lot of GMO and mycotoxin test strips manufactured by EnviroLogix is tested internally versus standards with known quantification to generate a lot-specific standard curve. The standard curve data are encoded in a 2-D barcode either on the strip itself (such as on the GMO QuickComb for QuickScan) or on a multi-matrix barcode card (such as for the mycotoxin Flex kits). When a strip is read, the proprietary software measures the line intensities, translates the standard curve information from the barcode, and calculates the quantity of analyte specific to each test strip being read. The QuickScan is capable of storing numerous, lot specific standard curves for a single mycotoxin test kit lot. In this example, each standard curve was developed specifically for similar matrix groups (or grain types) being tested. Therefore, a single strip configuration is capable of accurately quantitating a specific mycotoxin across many different matrices. For example, QuickTox Kit for DON Flex (AQ-304-BG) can be used to accurately quantify vomitoxin in 22 different matrices.
- Robust in dusty environments
The QuickScan System combines optical detection technology with information processing to provide quantitative, traceable GMO and mycotoxin test results. Results are generated at the point of need for real time operational decision making. It removes operator subjectivity, providing consistent quantification of low-level positive samples. Quantification of GMO and mycotoxin content means your business can precisely manage operational risk when deciding how to triage inbound grain.
QuickScan is a flexible detection system because it can quantify various strip configurations. Depending on need, it can process a combination of combs and strips for up to 22 results in seconds, regardless of the number of strips being read. Specific sample identifications for each test can be entered for purposes of sample traceability and identity preservation. The results can be viewed and analyzed within QuickScan, as well as exported and shared with a few keystrokes. Although no internet connection is required to run QuickScan, software updates along with data and report sharing can be accomplished with one-touch convenience if the computer is connected.
- Quality assurance focused
- Proprietary matrix-specific curves to provide the best possible accuracy
- Ability to see if a test coded with Unique ID has been used more than once
- Help your operators make the correct decisions and use the equipment properly
- Reminders for quality checks—or require them before testing
- User-defined messages for upper and lower cutoffs drive proper actions
- Easy to use, with intuitive menus
- Scan the barcodes once per lot and the system will automatically associate them with each test run
- 5 different language settings
- Data access and retention
- Quickly view running averages to help make real time decisions
- Automatic or one-button export of data to LIMS or similar
- Help manage your inventory levels with on-screen notifications
EnviroLogix is committed to helping our partners create long-term value by developing solutions that improve operational efficiency, facilitate growth, and support quality management. Our innovations are designed to help you maximize the quality and efficiency of your operation. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you’re interested in a demo.