We are a flexible, casual workplace that strives to facilitate growth in both our professional and personal goals. Everyone is encouraged to contribute ideas on how to exceed expectations and continually improve.
EnviroLogix offers challenging job responsibilities, professional development opportunities, support for community involvement, and chances to connect with co-workers. You will often find staff dueling across a ping pong table, enjoying a summer BBQ, or sharing other interests at work. Our team makes a big impact and we love doing what we do!
There are so many reasons we think EnviroLogix is a great a place to work, but here are a few highlights:
- Health and Wellness
You can choose from a variety of health, dental and vision insurance options to create a plan that best meets your needs and lifestyle. Another important focus for EnviroLogix is rewarding good choices by offering healthy lifestyle premium discounts and wellness reimbursements. And you're automatically covered by company-paid disability and life insurance, with the option of purchasing more coverage affordably.
- Learning & Development
A focus on employee growth and education is a recurring theme here. Along with tuition reimbursement, we also offer internal learning opportunities, and encourage employees to participate in continuous improvement events on internal procedures and processes in a cross-functional team environment. We value the diverse knowledge and experience of all team members and recognize the many contributions that continually make EnviroLogix more productive and effective.
- It's Fun
We're a friendly, fun place to work! We enjoy a casual dress code and each other's company. The diversity of interests and experience, both at work and at play, makes for a vibrant community of friends, not just coworkers. Whether it's indulging at a monthly birthday party, competing for the best Halloween costume, comparing recipes at a chili contest, or shooting some hoops in the parking lot, we offer many ways to connect that go beyond the lab and office.
- Paid Time Off
Balancing work with personal time is always important. Along with paid time off, holidays and vacation time, EnviroLogix provides flexible work hours. To allow employees to spend extra time with family or friends, we close our offices from Christmas through New Year’s Day each year. Think volunteerism is important? So do we! That’s why we offer 8 paid hours for community service annually so you can volunteer at an organization that has special meaning to you.
- Location, Location, Location
If you are from Maine, you already know and love it. If you are thinking of joining us here, there are some things you should know. Portland has a thriving microbrew scene, an active music and arts community, and a foodie reputation for locally sourced ingredients. Add the beautiful coastline beaches, clean air and the availability of seasonal outdoor activities all year round, and you get a snapshot of all Maine has to offer.
As a full-time employee at EnviroLogix, you receive a competitive compensation package and are automatically enrolled in the Gain Share program to share in our success. This offers a way for all involved to share in the financial success of our company. Also, we provide 401(k) options with a company match to help you save for retirement.
EnviroLogix is seeking a dynamic and experienced Executive Assistant. This new position will be highly visible and perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities reporting directly to the company President. The Executive Assistant will also provide broad administrative support for the organization as well as members of the Senior Leadership Team. Our fun and vibrant office will require someone with a team orientation, positive attitude, and patience, a sense of humor, determination and ongoing desire to learn, grow and contribute.
Qualified candidates will be comfortable confidently taking initiative, exercising discretion and sound judgment while ensuring a high level of confidentiality. The ability to prioritize, anticipate and continually strive to identify the needs of multiple executives that travel frequently and at times need quick solutions and service will be key. Qualified applicants will have Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience plus 3-5 years in office environment with a minimum of three (3) years of previous experience as an administrative or executive assistant. Excellent Microsoft Office skills and exceptional attention to detail is a must. The Executive Assistant will:
- Provide administrative support to the President including managing an active calendar of meetings, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Senior Leadership team including scheduling of and attending meetings
- Provide support to Research & Development leadership related to patent filings ensuring proper signatures and notarizations are collected and filed with our law firm of record
- Support the Human Resources leadership assisting in coordination of interview scheduling and communication with candidates as needed
- Provide administrative support to the company, including updated phone directories & organizational charts, receptionist phone line support, mail distribution, conference room logistics, and meeting/event coordination
- Support the Employee Activities Committee through planning and execution of events including monthly birthdays, company holiday party, summer barbeque, and other company wide on-site and off-site events
- Provide communication to all EnviroLogix employees through the writing and distribution of the ELIX monthly newsletter
EnviroLogix is seeking a Production Scientist to join our busy manufacturing team. The primary responsibility of this position will be manufacturing EnviroLogix diagnostic products, ensuring consistent quality through raw material qualification, reagent optimization, standardized work and in-process performance verification.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in biology, chemistry or a related science, and have a minimum of five (5) years prior experience in manufacturing or an applicable field. The candidate must possess the ability to work independently and with cross functional teams in a fast paced environment. Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain high standards for quality and documentation is a must. Demonstrated ability to lead projects is a plus.
This position will require the ability to communicate effectively across a variety of departments. Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of buffers, critical reagents and kit components
- Quantitative data processing and reporting
- Segregation and documentation of non-conforming product
- Working closely with Research & Development teams to facilitate product transfer including pilot production and scale up
- Preparation of controls and standards for in-process testing
- Operation and basic maintenance of automated and semi-automated production equipment
Regional Sales Representative
EnviroLogix is looking for an established sales professional who thrives on working at the intersection of cutting edge biotechnology and agribusiness. This job offers a blend of challenges including new account acquisition, product introductions and account management of key strategic sales partners. The role requires a strong command of technical products, close interaction with office based support and the energy and enthusiasm to cover multiple Midwestern states.
Qualified candidates will have bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in selling related products or services in the diagnostics testing, food safety or agriculture fields. Candidates should have demonstrated success in working with large corporations and complex selling environments. Experience with product contracting and negotiations is a must.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Developing annual regional sales plans which reflect product specific growth targets and overall brand and category strategies, and ensuring consistency with overall marketing plans and business growth goals within targeted Go Get accounts.
- Establishing customer relationships, representing EnviroLogix in the sales process, directnig formal sales presentations and completing follow up correspondence and contacts with customers. Provide assistance with product performance issues.
- Monitoring and tracking account performance indicators and ensuring that sales plans and promotions are effectively implemented, devising appropriate corrective actions, and leading the development of effective and efficient sales plans.
- Maintaining a variety of internal company contacts to gather and exchange information related to sales goals and results, product availability and pricing, marketing strategies and plans and status of orders.
- Collaboration with Senior Leadership, Marketing & Product Managers, and Inside Sales to identify strategic targets.
- Attending trade shows and conferences to promote and advance EnviroLogix and its products.
- Initiating and maintaining collaborative relationships with extension agents, state labs, and relevant industry leaders in your assigned territory.
- Maintaining current knowledge of market and changing developments in the sales field. Providing market intelligence to Sales Manager.
Scientist, Research & Development
EnviroLogix is seeking a Scientist to join our busy Research & Development team. The primary responsibility of this position will be the development, optimization, and validation of rare reagents or assays for detecting and measuring proteins and DNA targets.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in microbiology or molecular biology and have a minimum of five (5) years prior laboratory experience in either field. Candidates with a Master’s degree in a related field will require a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field. Candidates must possess the ability to work independently and with cross functional teams in a fast paced environment. Experience with project management and data presentation is key. Proficiency in independently developing assays as well as he ability to work concurrently on multiple project teams is required. Adaptability is a must.
This position will require the ability to communicate effectively across a variety of teams. Responsibilities include:
- Assist with trouble-shootings specific products and serving on product development teams as requested
- Lead teams that work effectively with other departments and with customers
- Independently review data and make the appropriate decisions and takes action on them to drive projects to meet deadlines
- Responsible for key portions of the project management process including assay design, writing development reports, SOPs and other program deliverables
- Collaborate with customers and manufacturing to transfer new product specifications with a focus on quality
EnviroLogix is seeking a Shipper/Receiver to join our busy shipping team in our Operations department. This position is responsible for all aspects of shipping EnviroLogix products and other materials, receiving inventory items and other supplies, internal delivery of materials and storage, final kit assembly, shipper relations, product label production and records maintenance.
Qualified candidates will possess a high school diploma or equivalent and have experience in a shipping and receiving department or warehouse environment. Candidates must possess the ability to communicate effectively and work smoothly with a team. Candidates must be able to communicate with customers, shipping companies and suppliers in a professional manner. Qualified candidates will have:
- Ability to bend, stoop, carry, climb stairs/rolling stairs and have the ability to lift and move boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Regular exposure to temperature changes (generally room temp, with occasional short movement in/out of walk-in coolers/freezers).
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Possess eye/hand dexterity and speed while maintaining high standards for quality and consistency.
- Fork lift truck certification and ability to operate a pallet jack or the ability to acquire.
- Familiarity with computer-based systems for shipping, documentation and e-mail is key including FedEx, UPS and Microsoft products.
- Excellent attention to detail in documentation of lot and part numbers, inventory, purchasing, receiving and quality assurance records is required.
- Adaptability is a must.
This position will require the ability to communicate effectively across a variety of teams. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the receiving, inspection, and delivery of shipments including working directly with delivery drivers to coordinate unloading of shipments and materials and managing paperwork and process for damaged or returned shipments.
- Kit assembly and shipping of products to customers.
- Logging both additions to and withdrawals from inventory in the accounting system
- Tracking and expediting time-critical, delayed or lost shipments.
- Maintaining finished goods inventory and communicating projected needs for new inventory to appropriate departments.
- Working with other departments to determine raw material needs and filling out purchase orders as needed.
- Maintaining and organizing warehouse, finished goods coolers and shipping/receiving areas; clearly labeling all materials