A Clean Test scans the QuickScan glass surface for debris that could interfere with a scan. It is important to keep the QuickScan glass surface clean to prevent reading errors. The Clean Test is recorded in the DataLog. A Clean Test can be performed as follows:
- Click Clean Test on bottom of the QuickScan window.
- An Information window will appear prompting you to place the White Card on the scanner surface. If you lose the White Card, a white piece of paper can be used.
- Place the White Card directly on the glass QuickScan surface.
- Click OK on the Information window.
- Plustek window will appear showing the scanning progress.
- A Clean Test window will appear showing the scanned surface.
- When Mark Image is selected, debris on the scanning surface will be marked red. The program will also indicate the number of bad clusters on the surface.
- If bad clusters are identified please clean the QuickScan glass and repeat the steps listed above to verify that the cleaning was successful.
- Click Close to return to the QuickScan window.